Privacy and Data Protection
When you visit this website, TenneT may process any data that you enter on questionnaires or in other sections of the website.
Thank you for visiting our website and for your interest in our company and our tasks.
Since the protection of your personal data is very important to us, we would like to inform you here about the processing of your personal data.
We update our privacy statement regularly. You can find the current version here.
Do you have questions about this information sheet? We will be happy to answer your questions. Please contact our data protection officer (see contact details data protection officer).
1. Contact details TenneT
- TenneT Germany: TenneT TSO GmbH, Bernecker Str. 70, 95448 Bayreuth.
- TenneT Netherlands: TenneT Holding B.V. and TenneT TSO B.V., Mariëndaal Centre of Excellence, Utrechtseweg 310, Arnhem, The Netherlands
2. Contact details data protection officer
- TenneT Germany: TenneT TSO GmbH, data protection officer, Bernecker Straße 70, 95448 Bayreuth, datenschutz(at)tennet.eu.
- TenneT Netherlands: TenneT TSO B.V. Functionaris voor Gegevensbescherming, Postbus 718, 6800 AS Arnhem, privacy(at)tennet.eu.
3. Processing framework
On our website we process some of your personal data. "Personal data" refers to any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (hereinafter "data subject"). A natural person is considered to be identifiable if he or she can be identified directly or indirectly. An identification may be established in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online ID, or one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Which of your personal data on our website is processed by us depends on which of our services - e.g. our contact form or our newsletter - is used by you.
In any case, we process a minimum amount of personal data in the form of cookies.
You will find more detailed information on this in the following chapters.
3.1. When visiting our website through cookies
Cookies are small pairs of text files that are stored in your browser.
Cookie enables us to make your personal settings useable again when you visit our website. You have the data sovereignty over your cookies at all times. This means that you are in control over who has access to your data.
On our website we divide the cookies into necessary cookies (3.1.1) and cookies for external content (3.1.2).
3.1.1 Necessary Cookies
In order to be able to prove and implement your given consent on our website in the context of our cookie banner, we have integrated the following cookie on our website:
|Provider||Purpose||Cookie name||Storage duration||Data protection link of the supplier|
|TenneT TSO GmbH/TenneT TSO B.V.||Necessary cookie to ensure which selection you have made in our cookie banner.||waconcookiemanagement||1 Year||
3.1.2 Cookies for external content
On our website we can refer to content that belongs to us but is not on our servers (e.g. YouTube, Twitter). For the mere link, please note our Disclaimer.
However, if external content is integrated into our website, personal data may be transmitted automatically when using this content. Yet, this is only possible after you have activated the corresponding cookie and thus consented to the corresponding processing of your personal data.
Specifically, the following providers and cookies are involved:
|Provider||Purpose||Cookie name||Storage duration||Data protection link of supplier|
|Google Ireland Limited||Einbindung Google Maps Karten||gm_en||1 Year||https://policies.google.com/privacy|
|Google Ireland Limited||Einbindung Google Maps Karten||gm_de||1 Year||https://policies.google.com/privacy|
|Google Ireland Limited||Google Maps integratie||gm_nl||1 Year||https://policies.google.com/privacy|
|Google Ireland Limited||Registreert een unieke ID om bij te houden welke YouTube-video's de gebruiker heeft bekeken.||YSC_nl||1 Year||https://policies.google.com/privacy|
|Google Ireland Limited||Registers a unique ID to keep statistics of the videos from YouTube that the user has seen.||YSC_en||1 Year||https://policies.google.com/privacy|
|Google Ireland Limited||Registriert eine eindeutige ID, um Statistiken der Videos von YouTube, die der Benutzer gesehen hat, zu behalten.||YSC_de||1 Year||https://policies.google.com/privacy|
|Podigee GmbH||Podcast (Ostbayernring)||pe||1 Year||https://www.podigee.com/de/about/privacy/|
|Twitter Inc.||Twitter plug-in||twt_en||1 Year||https://twitter.com/de/privacy|
|Twitter Inc.||Twitter plug-in||twt_nl||1 Year||https://twitter.com/de/privacy|
|Twitter Inc||Twitter plug-in||twt_de||1 Year||https://twitter.com/de/privacy|
|Vimeo Inc.||Abspielen/Tracking von Videonutzung bzw. Views||VSC_de||1 Year||https://vimeo.com/de/features/video-privacy|
|Vimeo Inc.||Playback/tracking of video usage or views||VSC_en||1 Year||https://vimeo.com/de/features/video-privacy|
|Vimeo Inc.||Afspelen/tracking van videogebruik of -weergaven||VSC_nl||1 Year||https://vimeo.com/de/features/video-privacy|
3.2 When using our contact form
Depending on the structure of the contact form, you transmit your corresponding personal data to us, which we process.
Regularly, the data concerned are the following:
title, first name, surname, maiden name, salutation, address, date of birth, landline/mobile phone number, e-mail address, bank details and correspondence relevant to the contract and communication
3.3 When using our newsletter
When using our newsletter, we process the following data in order to be able to send you the newsletter:
title, first name, surname, e-mail address
We receive your personal data directly from you.
5. Legal basis for the processing of your personal data
Our processes of personal data are within the framework of the data protection regulations.
We process your personal data for the necessary cookies on the basis of our legitimate interest in accordance with article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 letter f) GDPR.
On the basis of your consent pursuant to Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 letter a) GDPR, we process your personal data in the following cases:
- for all other cookies (which are not necessary).
- if you contact us for example by mail or by contact form.
- when using one of our newsletters.
6. Duration of storage
You can see the respective storage duration of cookies in the table above. We delete other personal data accordingly after the expiry of legal storage obligations. If there are no legal retention periods, all personal data will be deleted as soon as there is no other legitimate purpose for further storage.
7. Purposes of storage
If the purpose of storage has not already been explained elsewhere, we also store the personal data provided by you for the following purposes:
- to be able to give you the best possible information in case of questions.
- to protect our rights and obligations and to defend against claims of third parties.
8. Data processing in third countries
TenneT strives to use only contract processors in the European Union. If TenneT intends to transfer personal data to a third country outside the European Union, TenneT will inform you expressly and in a timely manner about the planned transfer, the legal basis for the transfer and the type of protection of your personal data following the transfer.
9. Access to personal data
Employees of our company have access to your personal data to the extent necessary to fulfil the above-mentioned purposes.
We use service providers who support us in the processing of personal data within the scope of our business purpose and our communication. These are in particular service providers for our IT and network operations, mail processing, file/data destruction, archiving as well as agencies/service providers for (corporate) communication. These service providers are subject to strict contractual agreements such as non-disclosure agreements, data protection declarations and contracts for order processing.
10. Rights of data subjects
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives you a number of privacy rights. To exercise your rights as a data subject, you may contact the Data Protection Officer as described in the contacts section.
In order to exercise your rights as a data subject, we may ask you to identify yourself before answering your question.
As a data subject within the meaning of the GDPR, you have the following rights;
- Right of access (article 15) You have the right to request a copy of your personal data or to have access to your personal data.
- Right of rectification (article 16) if it appears that your data is incorrect or incomplete, you can request to change or supplement your data.
- Right to data erasure (right to be forgotten - Article 17) Under certain legal conditions, you have the right to have your data deleted.
- Right to restrict the processing (Article 18) under certain conditions, you have the right to limit the processing of your data.
- Right to data portability (article 20) you have the right to obtain and re-use your personal data for your own purposes for different services.
- Right of objection (Article 21) under certain conditions, you have the right to object against the processing of your personal data.
- Right to appeal to a supervisory authority. (Art. 77 AVG). In the Netherlands this can be done at the Personal Data Authority, Bezuidenhoutseweg 30, 2594 AV DEN HAAG. In Germany you can contact the Bavarian Supervising Authority for Data Protection (BayLDA), Promenade 18, 91522 Ansbach.
- Right to revoke your consent: You can withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time and request that the processed personal data be deleted. Although you withdraw your consent, the processing of your personal data remains lawful up to the time of withdrawal. Your personal data can only be deleted if there is no other legal basis for the processing of your personal data. If you wish to withdraw your consent, you may submit this request to the Data Protection Officer in The Netherlands or Germany.
11. Responsible disclosure
Within TenneT we take safety and (ICT) security very seriously. We pay close attention to the security of our ICT systems, such as our website. Nevertheless, it may happen that there are unexpected vulnerabilities in one or our systems. Should you find such a vulnerability, we would appreciate it if you could point this out to us so that we can take adequate measures. For this you can make use of the 'responsible disclosure formulier', as available on privacy.tennet.eu