As part of the system service of balancing, TenneT settles regulating and emergency power with the BSP’s, and imbalance with the BRP’s. This settlement is based on prices set by TenneT
The determination of settlement prices for bids of regulating capacity utilised has been laid down in the Netcode and further explained in the imbalancing pricing system documentation and Implementation Regulations. The Netcode contains stipulations about the determination of the imbalance price.
The data shown in the table relates to the following columns for each date and per ISP (prices in EUR/MWh, in two decimal places):
- Incident reserve up, if stated, is an indicator for the use of upward incident reserve; this affects the determination of the imbalance price;
- Incident reserve down, if stated, is an indicator for the use of downward incident reserve; this affects the determination of the imbalance price;
- Upward regulation, if stated, refers to the balancing energy price of bids used on the upward adjustment side: TenneT pays this price to the supplier;
- Downward regulation, if stated, refers to the balancing energy price of bids used on the downward adjustment side: the supplier pays this price to TenneT (in the event of a negative price, TenneT pays the supplier);
- Shortage is always stated and refers to the imbalance price of the BRPs with shortages: the BRP pays this price to TenneT (if negative, TenneT pays the BRP);
- Surplus is always stated and refers to the imbalance price of the BRPs with surpluses: TenneT pays this price to the BRP (if negative, the BRP pays TenneT);
- Regulation state is always stated and its value is -1, 0, 1 of 2. The regulating state affects the determination of the imbalance price.
Using the table
On default the most recent settlement prices are shown, this can be the data for one or two days ago. Click on the arrows below the table to scroll through the day. Historical data can be viewed by selecting the date above the table. Below the table the date and time on which the information was last updated are displayed.
The same data is available on the graph page.
It is possible to download data of the entire day by using the “Download” button.