We have, or are in the process of realising the following cross-border connections with our international partners:
- NorNed cable from the Netherlands to Norway (operational since 2008)
- BritNed cable from the Netherlands to the United Kingdom (operational since 2011)
- Interconnector linking Doetinchem in the Netherlands to Wesel in Germany (planned for 2017)
- NordLink from Germany to Norway (commissioning 2020)
- COBRAcable from the Netherlands to Denmark (commissioning 2019).
Working together with its international partners, TenneT has completed or is currently realising the following system improvements:
- Market coupling between Belgium, France and the Netherlands (2008)
- Market coupling between Germany, Belgium, France and the Netherlands (2010)
- Cross-border intraday trading (2011)
- Intraday trading with Norway (March 2012) and the UK (May 2012)
- European market coupling between Scandinavia, the UK and Northwest Europe (February 2014)
- Multi-Regional Coupling (MRC): Coupling of the Northwest European and Southwest European day-ahead markets (May 2014). This MRC allows for further extension of the target model in Europe for one integrated price coupled European day-ahead market.