TenneT Holding B.V. (rated A3/A-) today successfully launched and priced another Green Bond issue, a EUR500m (17 year) bond issue with a coupon of 1.25% with the support of three banks, Lloyds Bank, Rabobank and Royal Bank of Scotland.
Investing in green energy
Today’s announcement relates to the issuance of Green Bonds for investments in the transmission of renewable electricity from offshore wind farms to the onshore electricity grid. The following offshore projects are financed with the proceeds:
- DolWin1 (commissioned 2015): a 165 km HVDC (high voltage direct current) link with 800 MW capacity.
- SylWin 1 (commissioned 2015): a 205 km HVDC link with 864 MW capacity.
- DolWin2 (commissioned 2016): a 135 km HVDC link with 916 MW capacity.
- DolWin3 (commissioning 2017): a 162 km HVDC link with 900 MW capacity.
- BorWin3 (commissioning 2019): a 160 km HVDC link with 900 MW capacity.