European tender procedure
When goods, services or projects exceed a certain threshold amount, we are obliged to tender according to European procurement procedures. In such instances we follow the provisions of the European Directive on Tendering Procedures in Utility Sectors and those of the Tendering Procedures (Special Sectors) Decree (in Dutch: Besluit Aanbestedingen Speciale Sectoren). We publish calls for tenders on the official EU tenders website. The relevant tendering procedure is described in the notice.
Limited submission procedure
If the value of a contract falls below the EU’s threshold amount, TenneT follows the so-called limited submission procedure. This means we apply our own purchasing policy.
The procedure for limited submission is as follows:
- TenneT issues a call for suppliers to qualify and consults its vendor base.
- Potential suppliers request information from the Procurement department.
- Interested parties send data to TenneT in order to qualify as a supplier.
- TenneT invites selected suppliers and those from its vendor base to make an offer.
- TenneT evaluates the offers and makes a selection.
- In some situations, TenneT may directly invite a supplier to deliver a product or make an offer.