We are primarily tasked with providing power transmission services, system services and facilitating the energy market. Our core tasks follow from our appointment as grid operator under the Dutch 'Elektriciteitswet' (E-wet) and the German 'Energiewirtschaftsgesetz' (EnWG).
When goods, services or projects exceed a certain threshold amount, we are obliged to tender according to European procurement procedures.
European tender procedure
When goods, services or projects exceed a certain threshold amount, we are obliged to tender according to European procurement procedures. In such instances we follow the provisions of the European Directive on Tendering Procedures in Utility Sectors and those of the Tendering Procedures (Special Sectors) Decree (in Dutch: Besluit Aanbestedingen Speciale Sectoren). We publish calls for tenders on the official EU tenders website. The relevant tendering procedure is described in the notice.
Limited submission procedure
If the value of a contract falls below the EU’s threshold amount, TenneT follows the so-called limited submission procedure. This means we apply our own purchasing policy.
The procedure for limited submission is as follows:
- TenneT issues a call for suppliers to qualify and consults its vendor base.
- Potential suppliers request information from the Procurement department.
- Interested parties send data to TenneT in order to qualify as a supplier.
- TenneT invites selected suppliers and those from its vendor base to make an offer.
- TenneT evaluates the offers and makes a selection.
- In some situations, TenneT may directly invite a supplier to deliver a product or make an offer.
When it comes to purchasing products and services, TenneT’s procurement policy is based on European laws and regulations, our own corporate policy and best practices in procurement management.Read more
TenneT publishes integrated reports, including financial statements and key figures, on an annual and semi-annual bases that give an insight into our financial and operational performance.Read more
Safety at TenneT
TenneT attaches great importance to safety. Every day we are aware of the risks associated with our activities. TenneT wants every employee to return home safely at the end of each working day.Read more